Bribery Defense Attorneys Michigan
Call on an experienced Michigan white collar criminal lawyer you can trust
Have you been charged with bribery in Michigan? Are you worried about losing your job or going to jail? Don't wait to take legal action. Make sure you have an experienced attorney from Manley & Manley on your side who has successfully represented clients under investigation or charged with bribery or public corruption.
Attorney Michael P. Manley has worked hard to build a reputation as a top-notch white collar criminal lawyer who gets results when stakes are high. He handles state and federal cases. One of the top students in his law school, attorney Manley is also recognized as a Board Certified Criminal Trial Expert. The National Trial Lawyers also named Manley one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
Attorney Frank J. Manley also handles state and federal cases. He has been listed among the Top 10 Criminal Defense Lawyers in Michigan, the Top 100 OWI Attorneys in the State of Michigan, and the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers Association. In addition, he was named among the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
What types of bribery cases in Michigan does Manley & Manley handle?
The following are some of the cases that can be prosecuted under bribery and corruption statutes:
- Bribery of Public Officials - Such cases are among the most common. These cases frequently involve an individual or corporation paying a public official for a variety of reasons, including:
- For financial gain (including trying to obtain a government contract)
- To avoid prosecution (bribing a government inspector or police officer that has discovered illegal activity)
- Commercial Bribery - Such bribery cases often involve two or more private corporations providing illegal payments in order to obtain business contracts. Commercial bribery cases frequently involve other white collar crimes, including tax evasion and kickbacks.
- Bribery of Jury Members - Bribing a jury member in an attempt to sway his or her verdict is a felony in Michigan.
If you are dealing with a different type of bribery charge, contact us as soon as possible. We can answer questions and get straight to work on your case. Call (810) 238-0500.
What are the penalties for a bribery conviction?
Bribery charges in Michigan can have serious consequences. If you are convicted of bribing a government official or accepting bribes, you could be fined thousands of dollars and sentenced to several years in jail. Specific penalties include:
Bribery of Public Officials
- Up to 10 years in jail
- Up to $5,000 in fines
- Penalties vary
- Fine or sometimes up to 1 year in jail
Bribery of Jury Members
- Up to 10 years in jail
- Up to $20,000 in fines
A detailed list of Michigan's bribery and corruption laws can be found in Act 328 of the Michigan Penal Code.
How can Manley & Manley help me with my bribery case?
Bribery cases can be extremely complicated, which is why it’s important to consult with legal counsel as soon as possible. Our lawyers have a well-established track record of success and have handled numerous high-profile white-collar criminal cases in Michigan. We know how to find holes in the prosecution’s case, examine the critical details and build a compelling defense based on solid evidence.
Our lawyers will work tirelessly on your behalf. We frequently reach out to experts who can advocate on a client’s behalf. Our team will carefully examine official documents outlining your bribery charge to determine if investigators followed the law or made mistakes as part of their investigation.
We leave nothing unexamined in pursuit of justice. We’re here for you and want to help you make things right.